Changes in Springfield Hotel
As we ready ourselves to reopen, we have taken on board all government and HSE guidelines on how to reopen Springfield Hotel in a safe environment to keep you, our guests and staff safe. We would like to assure you that your comfort and safety and that of our staff and families is of paramount importance to us.
Our bar and restaurants have been reset to allow for adequate social distancing and thus encourages other guests to respect your personal space.
Social distance markers have been put in place in our Reception and Lobby areas, to control check-in queues and general crowding. Screens have been put in place at the Reception Desk. All credit card machines are sanitised after use. Our reservations team will provide you with all relevant information concerning to your stay and will process payment in advance so all that's left to do when you get here is pick up your bedroom keys. This will reduce the amount of time spent at the front desk and alleviate queues in public areas.
Our carvery will now be strictly a one-way system. Entering from the Reception area door into a social distancing queue. Exit is through the bar doors. If the carvery is very busy, we will take your name and phone number so you can wait in your car and call you when we have a table free.
Should several guests arrive to the hotel at once, we have a mapped queuing system in our spacious lobby to eliminate close contact with other guests.
Food & Beverage Service in Bar & Restaurant
Tables are sanitised after each guest visit. Our bar and restaurant have been reset to allow for adequate social distancing and thus encourages other guests to respect your personal space. We have introduced single use menus. Contactless payment is encouraged in all 'Food and Beverage' departments throughout your stay.
Our hotel uses cleaning products and protocols which are effective against viruses to clean guestrooms which ensures that all areas are fully disinfected and virus free. All bedrooms will be deep cleaned and sanitised to the highest standards after every stay using the SixLog Vector Fogger a professional grade fogger used across the HSE. It produces a powerful flow rate that can easily kill viruses including corona virus using a fine mist. The super-fine droplets can also access hard-to-reach areas, providing a more thorough coverage of disinfectant to ensure effective infection control.
Contactless payment is encouraged in all 'Food and Beverage' departments throughout your stay.
Take-away Meal Service
We will continue to do take-away meals from 12pm – 8pm seven days a week
COVID 19 Policy Statement
The Springfield hotel is committed to providing a safe and healthy workplace for all our colleagues, guests & visitors. To ensure that, we have developed a COVID-19 Response Plan. All Hotel managers and Hotel teams are responsible for the implementation of this plan.
• Appointed a Covid-19 Compliance Officer to implement and review all aspects of safety relating to COVID-19 on a daily basis
• Updated our Risk Assessments to include new operational procedures which were implemented to ensure the safety of our guests and our colleagues.
• Intensified our cleaning programmes in line with government advice & introduced an additional sterilisation process
• Displayed information on the signs and symptoms of COVID-19, on correct handwashing, respiratory techniques & social distancing. We have provided additional facilities & introduced new measure’s for staff and guests to safely practice all.
• Implemented an extensive ongoing training programme for our teams, as well as a weekly Health Declaration form, a range of PPE, updated our staff company policy and we have provided instructions for staff to follow if they develop signs and symptoms of COVID-19
• Implemented clear procedures on managing suspected cases of Covid19
· Working with both Bureau Veritas & Failte Ireland to audit & accredit our processes, procedures, systems & controls to ensure that we are meeting the highest standard of safety
• Continue to monitor our COVID-19 response & amend this plan and our risk assessments in consultation with our teams.
• Provide up to date information to our teams on the Public Health advice issued by the HSE & Government and implement all additional measures as required
• Re-induct all employees back into the workplace and provide a familiarisation briefing as they return to work. We will also continue to provide regular training to all staff on essential hygiene and respiratory etiquette and physical distancing requirements
• Continue to adapt our public areas and our workstations to facilitate physical distancing
• Maintain a contact log for all service providers visiting our hotels
• Consult our teams on an ongoing basis and we encourage feedback on any concerns, issues or suggestions.